xml encoding in rdf/xml?

From: Benjamin Nowack <office@e-senses.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:53:44 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi all,

I get some validation errors with german characters in the
RDF/XML of my OWL ontology. I know that I can't use html
entities such as "&auml;" in XML but was wondering if it
is "allowed" to simply set the XML encoding attribute of
the XML declaration to "iso-8859-1" (which works fine with
the available online RDF validators) or if I should
better (or have to) UTF-8-encode all the Literals..

(My app is based on PHP which has an utf8_encode function, but
this somehow only produces binary encodings when I try to
serialize the ontology on a windows system...)

thanx in advance,
Benjamin

Benjamin Nowack
Am Exerzierplatz 1