Re: Announcement: The "info" URI Scheme

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:43:39 -0400
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, uri@w3.org

Patrick Stickler scripsit:

> Insofar as a cache reflects what was/could be retrievable from
> a particular web authority, I don't see that the above case needs
> any special interpretation. One could fairly presume an implicit
> equivalence relation between the denotation of cache URIs and
> the original URI. I.e.

I was actually talking only about the original URI, and supplied the
cache URI only because the original URI is no longer dereferenceable.

> But the ambiguity of what resource is actually denoted by either
> URI (regardless of the nature of the representation itself) remains.

Exactly.

> Still, if the server www.tagyerit.com was URIQA enlightened, then
> one could hope for a description of the resource denoted by the
> URI in question, stating [...] yada yada yada.

Before you give way to any such hope, I urge you to dereference the
(cache) URI first!

--
Dream projects long deferred            John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
usually bite the wax tadpole.            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan