AW: Announcement: The "info" URI Scheme - Uri crisis again !

From: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:02:24 +0200
To: <thabing@uiuc.edu>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

And we are in the midst of uri crisis again !
horray horray !
search for "uri crisis" in this list and you will find all ideas that
are talked about. or "identity crisis"

I would prefer:

>   http://leo.gnowsis.com/mythings/myCar
> maps to:
>   info://leo.gnowsis.com/mythings/myCar

but this is old-school stuff we already had months ago:

	rdfp://leo.gnowsis.com/mythings/myCar

the idea to map all identifiers to a single server is not scaleable.
the idea to build a new system similiar to dns is not very wise.

so every identifier HAS TO CONTAIN a dns hostname and preferably the
hostname is the same as the hostname of the http server that is hosting
the information.

to conclude: if you HAVE to use the same hostname, you can also stick to
http ( and use uriqa et al)

and patrick stickler's uriqa with the different method.
http://sw.nokia.com/

and the good thing by steve pepper
http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/identitycrisis.html