RE: WordNet and Concepts

Leo- WordNet organizes lexical information by synset, i.e. concept.
Identifying concepts by lexical item without being explicit about the sense
of the item will lead to collisions, as you've observed in the case of
"love." So you're much better off taking the latter approach rather than the
former.

In the work that we've done over the years with WordNet, we've found it much
simpler to generate the URI identfier of the WordNet synset from its
position in the source WordNet files. If you're interested, a Perl script
that converts a WordNet 1.7 distribution into RDF is at
http://www.siderean.com/dloads/wn2rdf_short_3.pl. -cheers, BPA