Re: UDDI + RDF = ?

Hi Max,

Thanks for starting this dialog. Yes, I think you should find folks here
who will be in a good position to help with RDF modeling for UDDI. In
addition to this general RDF/SW Interest Group, W3C has just launched a
new IG on basically this topic: Semantic Web and Web Services. I'm
copying Carine Bournez, who chairs the Semantic Web Services Interest
Group. I suggest that the SWSIG might be the most appropriate forum for
going into the details of this project, but you are of course very
welcome to discuss things here. Perhaps if you could cross-post a
brief overview of what you are trying to achieve, what the main issues
seem to be, and any specific areas where help would be useful. We could
then encourage followup discussion on public-sws-ig@w3.org

See http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/swsig/
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/
for details of the new group.

Carine, does this make sense?  Ah, searching the archives
http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=public-sws-ig&index-type=t&keywords=uddi&search=Search
...I see you've already found that list and your later message includes
a handy illustration.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/2003Nov/0062.html

So I ought to join the public-sws-ig list, it seems! And encourage other
RDF IG members with an interest in Web Services to do likewise. See
links above for details on how to subscribe.

Max, (and Carine, and everyone...) you might also find the ESW Wiki
(http://esw.w3.org/topic/FrontPage) for making and sharing
notes and design patterns for RDF/UDDI integration.

Is http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/tcspecs.shtml the
right page we should use to track this work, Max? Or is there somewhere
more specific that folks should bookmark? (or RSS feed to subscribe to,
etc).

Thanks again for getting this discussion started. Looking forward to
seeing what will come of it...

cheers,

Dan

* Max Voskob <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz> [2003-11-19 14:46+1300]