Re: Semantic Web Phase 2 Activity - Protocol

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:16:44 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:04:19 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
> My personal view is now leaning towards 'remote access' as being perhaps
> more important/relevant for REC-track work than effort on perfecting an
> RDF query language. Simple ways of plugging into remote stashes of data
> seem good. But the likelihood of people opening up general public-access
> Query facilities for anyone/everyone to send queries to is, I suspect,
> pretty low.

NB, we allready do: http://triplestore.aktors.org/query/ (joseki-like
HTTP API), with (fairly generous) limits on the query complexity that will
be resolved without a key.

Its the API used by 90% of our services, and if there were a standard for
remote querying we could interoperate with other peoples data without them
installing our server software.

- Steve