Re: Semantic Web Phase 2 Activity - Protocol - Query Language

From: Emmanuil Batsis (Manos) <mbatsis@netsmart.gr>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:24:51 +0200
To: leo@gnowsis.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Leo Sauermann wrote:

> but with today's RDQL this is more complicated:
> if there is no <foaf:image> triple for leo, you don't get any data at
> all.
> :-0
> AND THAT IS A PROBLEM, if you have ever programmed RDQL, thats the first
> thing you curse.

Agreed, z: null should be returned, provided that your query said "oh,
and gimme that img node if available but I still want the rest of the
graoph if it's not". Your problem is actually SQLish but the query
semantics you are talking about are not; so we are in agreement here.

--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mbatsis at netsmart dot gr