Re: SW Best Practices WG - draft charter for discussion

At 00:56 11/11/03 +0000, Guus Schreiber wrote:

>Some members of W3C's' Semantic Web Coordination Group have been working
>on a draft charter for a new Best Practices Working Group, see:
>
>     http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/public/bp-charter.html

This looks to me like a valuable consolidating activity.

I spotted one bit of could-be-clearer:

[[
2. Deliverables and Schedule

The WG will initiate task forces for producing WG notes. These task forces
will typically operate in the following way:

     * The time frame is short-term, e.g. 2-4 months
     * The editors/coordinators are selected from the WG participants
     * The editors may invite outside people with relevant skills to
participate in task force.
     * A task force size should be 4-8 people
     * Task forces use the regular WG communication channels.
     * The result is proposed as a WG note to the full WG.
]]

Reading rapidly, it's easy to think that the first bullet refers to the WG
as a whole, rather than a task-force activity.

Suggest:  split the first paragraph into two.  Add to the first paragraph a
comment about the expected duration of WG activity.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact