Re: making statements about a graph

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:51:51 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 06:13:31PM +0000, Bill de hÓra wrote:
> They're fine; thinking about this, I was meandering off into quads
> ot context URIs, or some other extension...
>
> Otherwise tho'  being able to make statements about a graph is a
> major use-case atm for me. But there  doesn't seem to be any legal
> while sane way to do this - reflection/reification is not how I want
> to go about it, even if I was sure the semantics would pan out
> (reification to identify a graph?).

We use the uri of the graph model (typically the url it can be downloaded
from) as the 4th member of the quad. This is logical, and the RDF syntax
for talking about the uri of the graph is pretty logical as far as I can
remember.

You can see an example here:
http://triplestore.aktors.org/browse/?resource=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecs.soton.ac.uk%2Finfo%2F%23person-02686

click on "show sources" to see the models that produced the triples
and the model uri to see the metadata about that model (the engine tracks
basic prevenance infomation automagically)

The browser is a php script that uses RDQL quad queries to present the
triples.

- Steve