Re: Fwd: Palm version of schedule

I am a little bit disappointed that the IETF does not provide any
intelligent forms of data like this.  I guess it is understandable that
they do not provide RDF iCalendar data since there are no calendar
applications that can use or produce it (at least until we release our
product to the public ;) but they could have at least linked to an
iCalendar ICS file that could be imported into several applications.

I would have hoped that the IETF would have been on the cutting edge by
demonstrating how technology could be used.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able
to subscribe to a calendar for a series of meetings like this, have it
appear in your desktop calendaring software, sync with hand-held devices
and have the events searchable from web search engines?  We are one of
several organizations working on this, but it doesn't do any of us much
good if people continue to present their information in flat HTML
pages.  The IETF should be setting the example, much like W3C does with the
RDF describing their pages and the RSS feeds of many of their pages.

If anyone wants to produce an RDF representation of the IETF schedule,
publish it for others and even sync it with their Palm, head over to
http://www.sherpasuite.com/ and sign up as a beta tester.  Also, send me an
email to let me know you signed up so that I can make sure you get in.

Rob Prouse
Senior Software Architect
http://www.semaview.com