RE: Answers to URIQA Questions + Appologies

Right. This is what the URIQA servlet does.

> > Q2) How are equivalent URLs dealt with?
> >
> > GET http:://example.com/document.html
> > URI-Resolution-Mode: Description
> >
> > GET http:://127.0.0.1/document.html
> > URI-Resolution-Mode: Description
> >
> > GET http:://example.com:80/document.html
> > URI-Resolution-Mode: Description
> >
> > GET http:://example.net/document.html
> > URI-Resolution-Mode: Description
> >
> > Should the server map these requests onto the same resource?
> >

> After thinking about this some more it seems to me from a
> trust standpoint
> its important that the subject of the statements returned to
> the agent have
> exactly the same URI that was used in the request. So if an
> agent requests
> information about http://example.net/document.html then the
> server must
> respond with statements about that URI and not some internal
> URI used to
> store the information ( http://example.com/document.html). So
> if internally
> the server performs some mapping before querying for the
> information then it
> must reverse the mapping in the response.

I agree that it is better to err on the side of caution and
uphold any distinctions between URIs, even if they ultimately
resolve to the same set of representations. Just because they
resolve to the same set of representations does not necessarily
mean that they denote the same thing.

Patrick