Re: LBase in the RDF Semantics Doc

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:31:16 +0200
To: "Sandro Hawke <sandro" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org

Fully agreeing with you Sandro, LBase is a base

-- ,

                    Sandro Hawke
                    <sandro@w3.org>             To:     Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
                    Sent by:                    cc:     www-rdf-interest@w3.org
                    www-rdf-interest-requ       Subject:     Re: LBase in the RDF Semantics Doc

> The RDF Semantics document specifies the formal semantics of RDF(S).  It
> includes an informative appendix
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#Lbase
> which restates the semantics in the form of a small set of axioms.  The
> intent is that this representation is easier to understand.
> RDFCore have had a last call comment suggesting this appendix be removed:
> It would be helpful in resolving this comment, for the WG to have
> on whether or not folks find this appendix useful.

I found them fun and interesting, and I wrote an LBase parser partly
so I could play with them.  More to the point, on some matters I find
them the easiest-to-understand source.  I think Peter's comment above
is a bit silly, since I can't imagine anyone who could understand the
axioms who wouldn't assume the bit he suggests is missing.

     -- sandro