Re: rdfs:class and rdfs:resource

From: Wolfram Conen <conen@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 21:30:52 +0200
To: Francesco CannistrÓ <fracan@inwind.it>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Francesco,

I was trying to figure out, if the concept "class", as I understand it's use
in RDFS, makes much sense to me. So, I contrasted it to a view that would be
at least "distinguishable" from a concept "resource" (the view that, given a
resource that occurs as the object of a type statement, has a non-empty
extension, and might therefore be called "class" with some justifiable
motivation) (so, of course, my "axiom" (I) had to be taken from RDF, or
otherwise there would have been no basis for the comparison ;-).

I think you are aiming at a different problem? You saw the potential of a
paradoxical situation arising from metaphysical consideration, if I grasped
that correctly?  Maybe you try to re-word your claim for the meta-physical
lay person that I am?

Best
    Wolfram

[PS: The concept "resource" in RDF, what does it convey?]