Re: (a scope proposal) Re: a context example for RDF

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:05:36 -0700
To: <jimbobbs@hotmail.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Jimmy
Your use of Alt to enumerate the possibilities is something that might be
used
in a disambiguation algorithm to decide which context is appropriate in
a given situation.

However, the context itself is like an Ontology.
It may contain a very large set of propositions.
Among the propositions in each context are those propositions
which define the meaning of "Jane Doe" in that context.

As with Ontologies, I think the appropriate notation is that of Qnames, viz.

    Aristotle:Jane Doe
    Politics:Jane Doe
Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;