ContentReplicaDescription? (fwd re Re: comments? mirrors.txt)

there's a thread over on www-talk that might be of
interest to RDFists. See attached or online archives at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-talk/2003MarApr/0019.html

Basic idea is to use RDF to describe replication of content.
It's related to concerns that crop up in P2P and URN discussions,
and many other places. If some bunch-of-bytes is available in many
ways/places around the Internet, how can we represent that so
clients can exploit the redundancy (eg. for parallel downloads or
finding nearest server).

I'm looking for related links on use of RDF for this; it'd be nice to
be able to say on www-talk 'here is how folk have approached this
with RDF', rather than 'Hey, if you used RDF, your .txt files would
be harder to read and take up more space...' 1/2 ;-)

Relevant links I remember:

	http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/people/cmdjb/talks/www9/
	Getting There From Here - Deploying RDF in a Large Scale Mirror Service

	Metadata, Web caching and URI Resolution, Dan Brickley & Jan Grant
	http://www.desire.org/docs/research/demonstrations/uri/
	(3 year old demo still working; something to be said for clientside Prolog :)

Content specific mirror description links are relevant too, eg. IAFA templates (from FTP era),
Redhat's RDF format for describing RPM's, etc.

Anything else I'm missing? I'm sure there must be a bunch... ie. components of an
answer to the question "How have people used RDF to describe the replication of
content around the Internet?", or variations on that them.

thanks for any suggestions,

Dan

Forwarded message 1