From: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com [mailto:Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 8:48 AM
To: Matt Munz; www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: RE: Referencing Datatypes in Class Instances

Almost. You should use rdf:datatype to express the typed literal rather
than a sub-element. I.e.

<geometricShapes:Circle rdf:ID="sampleCircle">  <geometricShapes:radius
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">23</geometricSha
pes:radius>
</geometricShapes:Circle>

As an aside, you might want to use xsd:positiveInteger rather than
xsd:integer, unless you actually want to potentially have circles
with negative or zero radii ;-)

> Is there a reccommended tool/library that
> I can use to validate RDF against a given RDF-S (Java preferred)?

You can give Jena v2 a try. Note that it is only a pre-release, but it
seems to be pretty solid (for what I've been using it for, at least ;-)

C.f. http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/jena2.htm

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690,
patrick.stickler@nokia.com