From: www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dave Beckett
Sent: 25 March 2003 20:46
To: Jan Algermissen
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: Re: Help needed for RDF parser choice

>>>Jan Algermissen said:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an RDF parser in C and it would
> really help me, if people on this list could recommend
> one.
>
> My needs:
>
> - very free license (e.g. LGPL, MIT or Apache)
>   (my project is MIT licensed and so GPL is too
>   infectuous I think).
> - quality and efficiency must be good
> - high flexibility would be good (e.g such as expat
>   for XML)
> - Linux is a must, win32 would be nice
>
> I looked at repat already...is that a good choice?
> Does anyone have a Makefile for it?

Dan's already replied with the general details and praise for Raptor :)

So I'll fill in some other bits.  It builds on everything I've tried
that can do standard C (linux, unixes, win32, cygwin, OSX,
cross-compiled,  ...).

License: It's dual LGPL/MPL, so you should be able to use either of
those dynamically linked or statically with MIT-licensed.  Other
license options are possible.   The FAQs covers this more in
  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/FAQS.html

As for efficiency, I still claim no memory leaks and this week I got it
to parse a file with 550,000 triples in 7 seconds on a desktop PC, using
<1M of memory.

Repat was one of the better earlier C parsers.  It hasn't kept up with
some of the newer changes to the syntax.  I recommend Raptor :)

Cheers

Dave