Re: [ANN] 3store 2.2.1

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 02:13:39 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
> * Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> [2003-03-20 16:10+0000]
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/threestore/
> >
> > This is a announcement of the release of version 2.2.1 of 3store, a GNU
> > General Public Licenced persistent RDF knowledgebase.
>
> Looks very nice :)
>
> Can you say any more about the subset of RDQL that you support? (and
> any plans to cover more RDQL features...).

We support SELECT ... WHERE ... USING ... fully (as far as I know), and we
support AND a == b AND a != b, but no other operators.

I'l probably support more expression operators (eg. > ), but I don't
know about arbitrary expression trees.

A complete and annotated syntax definition for RDQL would have been very
helpful, the one on the Jena site appears to have some errors and
omissions.

I'm also planning to add LIMIT and OFFSET, which aren't in RDQL (as far as
I know), but make syntaxic sense given the similarity to SQL and are
neccesary for some of our applications.

I'm afraid there are problems with the build process (thanks to Dave
Beckett for reporting them), so I'l fix those, probably tommorow, and
release a new version.

- Steve