Re: (Round 2) Proposed Extensions to OWL

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:21:07 -0400
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

[Roger L. Costello]

> Excellent!  My only comment is that this is not in the RDF
> Class/property/value design pattern.

Oops.

>Let me recast it into proper RDF
> format:
>
> <River rdf:ID="Yangtze">
>     <length>
>         <LengthMeasure>
>             <transform rdf:resource='#LengthInKilometers'/>
>             <number>6300</number>
>         </LengthMeasure>
>     </length>
> </River>

Looks like you have got it.  In words as I read it, the River Yangtze has a
length which is a LengthMeasure whose transform is #LengthInKilometers  and
whose numerical value (the result of applying the transform, as we know, but
as RDF does not ) is 6300.  That is exactly the idea.

(And, as we also know, it might have other LengthMeasures as well).

This is interesting - using this pattern we could have an area whose width
is in one unit and whose length is in another. Very gratifying!

Cheers,

Tom P