Re: (Round 2) Proposed Extensions to OWL

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:39:45 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>, tpassin@comcast.net

Hi Folks,

How would this triple be expressed in XML:

                number: 1

I will take a stab at it.  Let me take a complete example.  Suppose that
I want to express this: The length of the Yangtze River is 6300
kilometers.  Here's how I think it would be expressed using the above

<River rdf:ID="Yangtze">

Read this as: "The value of length is a resource of type LengthMeasure.
LengthMeasure has a transform to LengthInKilometers.  The
LengthInKilometers is 6300."

Do you agree that this is a faithful XML expression of the above
triple?  If not, how would you express it?  /Roger