Re: (Round 2) Proposed Extensions to OWL

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:39:45 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>, tpassin@comcast.net

Hi Folks,

How would this triple be expressed in XML:

{resource
    {type:length-measure}
    {value:
        transform:
            {
                type:length-in-inches
                number: 1
            }
    }
}

I will take a stab at it.  Let me take a complete example.  Suppose that
I want to express this: The length of the Yangtze River is 6300
kilometers.  Here's how I think it would be expressed using the above
triple:

<River rdf:ID="Yangtze">
    <length>
        <LengthMeasure>
            <transform>
                <LengthInKilometers>
                    <value>6300</value>
                </LengthInKilometers>
            </transform>
        </LengthMeasure>
    </length>
</River>

Read this as: "The value of length is a resource of type LengthMeasure.
LengthMeasure has a transform to LengthInKilometers.  The
LengthInKilometers is 6300."

Do you agree that this is a faithful XML expression of the above
triple?  If not, how would you express it?  /Roger