Re: (Round 2) Proposed Extensions to OWL

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:42:19 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your comments yesterday.  We are making progress
(by discarding things that are not true).

Let's take a very close look at these anonymous resources again:

Resource #1:

       <rdf:Description>
           <rdf:value>1.0</rdf:value>
           <units>inch</units>
       </rdf:Description>

Resource #2:

       <rdf:Description>
           <rdf:value>2.54</rdf:value>
           <units>centimeter</units>
       </rdf:Description>

What do we know about these two anonymous resources?

1. They do not represent the same resource.

2. There is a relationship between

        concat(rdf:value, units) in resource #1, and
        concat(rdf:value, units) in resource #2.

    "There is a relationship between the concatenation of the
     value of the rdf:value property with the value of the units
     property in resource #1, and a similar concatenation of
     values in resource #2."

    The relationship is:

       1.0 inch = 2.54 centimeter

Do you agree that this is the relationship between the two
anonymous resources?  Or is the relationship something else?  /Roger