Re: Addressing in the SW!

From: Peter Vojnisek <et@progos.hu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:43:38 +0200
To: jalgermissen@topicmapping.com
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

>>  If we have a class instance: http://example.org/persons#Joe
>>  and we know that there is has a property http://example.org/person#name
>>  Can we reference to Joe's name in an uri?
>To make sure I understand you:
>You think of Joe's name as a concept in it's own right and you want to
>make a statement about the concept, yes?
>As in:
>"(Peter) --likes--> (Joe's name)".
>is that what you want to do?
This idea is coming from that we wanted to address the property from
applications. Object and Datatype properties are the same from this
point of view, so an URI or a value will be the result of the query.

Your example assumes that Joe's name is not a DatatypeProperty. But I
think you know what I mean.

something is like this:
Person - is a - Class
name - is a - DatatypeProperty
name - has a datatype of - string
Person - has a property called - name
Joe - is a - Person
Joe - has a name - "John"

The problem is addressing Joe's name. The query result would be "John"