Re: Addressing in the SW!

From: Peter Vojnisek <et@progos.hu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:46:21 +0200
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Dan Brickley wrote:

>* Peter Vojnisek <et@progos.hu> [2003-06-26 12:47+0200]
>

>>Hi All!
>>

>> If we have a class instance: http://example.org/persons#Joe
>> and we know that there is has a property http://example.org/person#name
>>
>> Can we reference to Joe's name in an uri?
>>   I have seen this somewhere on the web:
>>http://example.org/person/Joe#name I don't think it is correct, we lost
>>the namespace of the predicate.
>>
>>   Do you know a sollution for this problem? Is there any W3C standard
>>for this kind of addressing?
>>

>You need a richer structure than a simple URI. It's the pair of a thing
>and a property. These could be packed down into some sort of new URI
>scheme, but in general, you're after a more complex data structure than
>we normally use URIs for.

We have solved the problem collecting the queries together in a new URI
like you wrote, but 95 percent of  queries are very simple (looking for
object) like the example above.

If we could write these simple queries in an URI or another simple way
(something like XPath) the average query speed of systems would improve
dramatically.

That's why I'm looking for another solutions.

Peter