Re: Need compelling story on the value of ontologies in fusing location-based data

Hi Danny,

Danny Ayers wrote:

> An application could easily do just that - it's only simple arithmetic
> after all. Consider the application a service, orthogonal to the
> logic. The difficult part is expressing the information in an
> well as the input data you have unambiguous fashion that could be
> shared amongst the applications. As  here, presumably you would need a
> way of expressing the result returned from a SWS, A isInside B or
> whatever - thanks RDF/XML.

Thus far in what you've described there is no use of RDFS- or
OWL-ontologies.

> To reason with this you'd presumably need
> to be able to state things like {X isInside A} disJointFrom
> {Y isInside A} - thanks OWL.

I am sorry, I'm not following this.  What information is being utilized
from OWL?  How is "disjointFrom" being utilized?  Could you elaborate
please?  /Roger