RE: XML Enriched N-Triples (XENT)

From: Jimmy Cerra <jimbobbs@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:51:22 -0400
To: "'Bill de hÓra'" <dehora@eircom.net>, "'Sean B. Palmer'" <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> > The TAG finding says that parsing costs of QNames in PCDATA may be
> > high. I've proved that, for Python and SAX and least, the opposite
is
> > true.
>
> Agreed. And Qnames in element content have  higher cost (imo).

What about QNames in attribute values?  What's the cost for that like?
I'm considering using a QName-like [1] syntax for the design of a markup
language (in progress).

--
Jimmy Cerra

] "I have learned these days, never to limit
]  anyone else due to my own limited
]  imagination." - Dr. Mae C. Jemison

[1] I don't want to use Qualified Names, as they are, because the syntax
of a QName may be confused with that of an URI.