Re: N-Triples for empty collection?

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:30:12 +0200
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org

oops... you also need <> around the uri's

                    Jos De_Roo
                                         To:     "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>@AGFASMTP
                    2003-06-12           cc:     www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
                    11:18 AM             Subject:     Re: N-Triples for empty collection?(Document link: Jos
                                         De_Roo)

http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#nil denotes the
empty list so it's the latter.
the middle one is saying that the empty list (as an individual)
is a contributor (of course, you could have meant that ;-)
and the former is similar, although there could be other
contributors.

PS it's rdf:rest instead of rdf:last
   and the object of rdf:rest is a list

                    "Joshua Allen"
                    <joshuaa@microsoft.co       To:     <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
                    m>                          cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     N-Triples for empty collection?
                    www-rdf-interest-requ
                    est@w3.org

I am sure this is spec'd at
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#parseTypeCollectionPropertyElt,
but I am having trouble understanding how to store an empty collection.
Which of the below three n-triples examples is correct?  Or if none, what
would be correct for what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks!
Joshua

I am assuming something like:

http://www.foo.com/subject http://some.org/contributors _:genid1 .
_:genid1 http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#List .
_:genid1 http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#first
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#nil .

The above is really what I want, but I could understand if there were some
other convention.  For example, the following would be understandable:

http://www.foo.com/subject http://some.org/contributors _:genid1 .
_:genid1 http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#List .
_:genid1 http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#first