RE: Do resources have representations?

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:47:57 +0300
To: <sandro@w3.org>, <aredridel@nbtsc.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>    <http://web4.w3.org/> :mirrors <http://www.w3.org/>.
>
> might be a good way to say (the true fact) that the browser experience
> is meant to be the same, modulo network issues, using those two URIs.
> But for that triple to make any sense in RDF, we have to consider the
> URIs as identifying something like ResponsePoints [1].   If you go any
> more abstract (like to "documents") then the :mirrors relationship is
> meaningless.

I think you'd have to make a distinction between the denotation
of the URIs and their function within the web context. I.e.
you'd need to probably reify the URIs and talk about the
URIs themselves rather than about the resources denoted. E.g.

   <uri:http://web4.w3.org/> :mirrors <uri:http://www.w3.org> .

presuming that the HTTP context is inherent in the
:mirrors property.

Which states that the first URI behaves the same as the
second URI insofar as resolution to representations is
concerned.

Patrick