RE: RDF Editor

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:13:44 +0100
To: "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowther@networkinference.com>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> That very much depends on what you want to do with the resulting RDF.

Indeed.

> Unfortunately, emacs still seems to be a popular choice for the hardcore
> RDF writer.

Not vi? I'm staggered...

Dave Beckett has a good list of RDF resources, which includes tools:
http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/discovery/rdf/resources/

I note that you are using Jena - it can be quick & comparatively easy to
knock together a few method calls with this and serialise the model, very
reusable. Copy & paste followed by checking with IsaViz (or whatever) isn't
a bad approach either.

I'm assuming here that you're talking about RDF/XML, as people seem to be
able to type out n3 happily without fancy tools - this would be another
option, just run the n3 through cwm or Jena to get the XML version.

Cheers,
Danny.