RE: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

From: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:44:46 -0500
To: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>

Jos De_Roo writes:

> David Menendez writes:
>> This means we can't treat <http://example.com/alice>!log:semantics
>> as an identifier of a specific graph, because it indicates different
>> graphs at different times.
>
> It is indeed true that it could indicate different graphs at
> different times.

<snip quotes from RDF-MT>

Certainly, RDF-MT says nothing about change over time, but I was asking
about the use of the term log:semantics, which is defined elsewhere. You
seemed to be suggesting that log:semantics is functional, but there's no
way to make that work in with http: URIs.

> I believe that the 'snapshot' idea can be engineered
> (put into engines :-))

Handling different graphs from the same source is basically the same as
handling different graphs from different sources. You just have to be
careful about what you're saying. (That is, "Resource X asserted Y at
time Z" is more useful than "Resource X asserted Y".)
--
David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com> | "In this house, we obey the laws
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem>      |        of thermodynamics!"