Re: JRDF - Announcement

From: Karsten Otto <otto@math.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:40:24 +0100 (CET)
To: Andrew Newman <andrew@pisoftware.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hello,

Congratulations on JRDF, this looks like a nice and concise API to me.
I like the idea of a modular API which can be tailored to suit the
project at hand: Concise for small ones, feature rich for large ones.

I am missing one method in the current design of NodeFactory tough:

Literal createLiteral(String lexicalValue, java.net.URI datatype);

- because I do not want to think about the language of my xsd:integer 5.

Also, do you plan to include anything like contexts/formulae in JRDF?
I am aware that this is still a heavily discussed subject, but many people
consider it an important (or at least interesting) feature. Some APIs
and projects already support contexts/formulae on an experimental basis,
for example Redland (http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/).

Regards,
Karsten Otto