OWL (or other language) ontology for unit conversions

From: Nick Knouf <nknouf@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:01:56 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi all,

I notice that earlier this year there was extensive discussion about
possible extensions to OWL for describing units and unit
conversions[1].  I haven't been able to find other discussion since
then and I've started a project where it would be nice (and maybe
required) to describe the units in a standard way.  Does an OWL
ontology for this exist?  If it doesn't exist in OWL, does anyone know
of such a thing defined in other ontology languages?

Finally, what happened regarding the recommendations made in [1]?

Nick Knouf
Lab Manager, Kanwisher Lab, MIT