Re: Bayesian classification and the semantic web

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:14:56 +0100
To: "Judson, Ross" <rjudson@managedobjects.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:21:49 -0400, Judson, Ross wrote:

> Now imagine that someone builds a big corpus of URIs, and starts to
> categorize them.  Someone like, say, Google, or DMOZ.  The text of each
> URI is used to create Bayesian classifiers.

We have been doing something similar in the AKT project, using Bayesian
classifiers to categorise unannotated that appear in our KB against the
ACM computer science taxonomy: http://www.aktors.org/technologies/ClassAKT/

Running the training algorithm takes quite a while, but the results are
pretty good.

- Steve