Re: RDF -- venn diagram for resources, literals, properties, statements?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:27:41 -0400
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
cc: "Waqar Hasan" <hasan@dbwizards.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> The relevant taxonomy is
> Resource
>     Literal
>     Property
>     Statement
> In this taxonomy, the species are mutually exclusive,
> but not exhaustive.

It's probably fruitless to argue about the 1999 spec.   I suggest
people use only the current drafts [1].  There days there are plain
literals and datatype values.  My sense is that plain literals,
properties, and statements are mutually exclusive, but that datatype
literal values can be any resource (anything).

     -- sandro

[1] start with http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/