Re: Inferring that a Camera is a SLR?

From: David Allsopp <d.allsopp@signal.qinetiq.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:21:56 +0100
CC: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Yuzhong Qu wrote:

> > Here is the piece of knowledge that I am trying to use to make the
> > inference:
> >
> >     "Only SLRs have a ThroughTheLens viewFinder"

Point of information - as someone has already said, the above statement
is false in the real world - there are also Twin-Lens Reflexes (which
you may or may not regard as having a through-"the"-lens viewfinder,
since there are two identical lenses. Various large-format cameras might
also be regarded as having such a viewfinder, depending on definition.
There are also single-lens non-reflexes, e.g. one of the Canon EOS range
(EOS 600 RT??) which had a fixed half-silvered mirror.

Cheers,

David.

--
Dr David N Allsopp
Distributed Technology Group

unclass: d.allsopp@signal.qinetiq.com
tel: +44 (0)1684 897479
fax: +44 (0)1684 894389

This e-mail may contain information which is commercial-in-confidence
and/or legally privileged. For persons other than the intended
recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the e-mail
or information contained therein is prohibited.