Re: Camera Ontology - here it is!

From: Daniel \ <eikeon@eikeon.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2003 22:09:28 -0400
To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 11:19, Roger L. Costello wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Many thanks to the people who contributed suggestions on how to model
> camera data!  I have taken all your input and composed (I think) a
> pretty respectable, simple, Camera Ontology.
>
> Here is the URL to a graphical view of the Camera Ontology:
>
>     http://www.xfront.com/camera/sld001.htm
>
> Here is the URL to two physical expressions of the Camera Ontology:
>
>    http://www.xfront.com/camera/Query.xml
>    http://www.xfront.com/camera/Hunts.xml
>
> Here is the URL to the actual Camera Ontology:
>
>    http://www.xfront.com/camera/camera.owl

Nice work.

> Please let me know if you have suggestions on how to further improve
> it.  Thanks again!  /Roger

One improvement you might want to consider is to add assertions for the
ontology itself. For an example, see:
    http://rdfschema.info/2003/submit

Adding rdfs:isDefinedBy to the terms can be useful too.

Hum... not sure on the namespace:
    http://www.camera.org#
might need some path before a #, maybe:
    http://www.camers.org/#