Re: (Updated) Camera Ontology

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:55:07 -0700
To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Yes, I think that's what legal RDF/OWL would look like.
I personally think that is less confusing than inventing a lot of new names.

Also note that the  <Lens> ... </Lens> is only used for specifying the
detailed properties of  a Lens.  Unless you want an anonymous Lens,
you can separate the details.  For example (I think this is legal RDF/OWL)
<Camera  aaa>
    <lens  "HasselbladV" />
<Lens  "HasselbladV">

There is a tradeoff here -- between keeping Lens details with each Camera
instance (no searching to find details), and keeping Lens details separate
(shorter descriptions with no repetition and less chance for error).
Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;