Q: Multiple URIs, same resource, then what?

From: Jimmy Cerra <jimbobbs@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:39:46 -0400
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

RDF uses a URI to identify a resource.  Well, what happens if we have a
single resource identified by two different URIs.  For example, say both
the following URIs identifies a particular DTD:

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd
[2] urn:publicid:-:W3C:DTD+HTML+4.01:EN

Also, say we have two RDF documents:

[3] <rdf:RDF
  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/">

  <rdf:Description
    rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"
    dc:creator="Dave Raggett"
    dc:creator="Arnaud Le Hors"
    dc:creator="Ian Jacobs" />

</rdf:RDF>

[4] <rdf:RDF
  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/">

  <rdf:Description
    rdf:about="urn:publicid:-:W3C:DTD+HTML+4.01:EN"
    dc:publisher="World Wide Web Consortium" />

</rdf:RDF>

Well, if the two RDF graphs are merged, then what would the resulting
graph look like?  Both describe the same (addressable) resource;
however, they have different URIs.  I am a little confused.

--
James F. Cerra