Re: RDF Schema Validator

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:34:57 -0400
To: "Leo Sauermann" <leo@ist.org>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I wrote a schema for Musicbrainz and I want to check if I did it right.
>
> Are there any RDF Schema validators I can use that:
> - Import my RDF Schema
> - Then validate some RDF files against the schema

The term "validate" is not very well defined in the RDFS space.  It
sounds like you want a lot more than simple RDF syntax validation (as
done by the W3C validator [1]).   You might look at what OWL has in
mind for "conformance" [2] and see if (a) that makes sense and (b) is
what you want.   (OWL-Full is an extension of RDFS, so any OWL-Full
processor would be an RDFS processor, as I understand it).

If that's not what you have in mind (or if it's phrased too
confusingly in OWL jargon), perhaps you can sketch out what you'd
really like to have a more-than-syntax validator to do.  Thanks!

   -- sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-owl-test-20030331/#conformance