Re: A couple question, Equivalent for rdf:resource

From: Jimmy Cerra <jimbobbs@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:15:53 -0400
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>>>Dave Beckett said:
>
> Certainly there are is way more than one way to do it in RDF/XML.
> (Hmm. That sounds just like Perl)

Well, doesn't that make an arbitrary graph in RDF/XML harder to
transform?  I mean, as the number of nodes and arcs increase, the number
of possible combinations increases at a very high rate.  As a
consequence, directly using a style sheet to transform a complex RDF/XML
document would not be feasible (or at least easy).

I wonder if transforming them to Triples and then transforming that
representation would be easier for XSLT.  Can the same graph have
different Triple representations?

>>>Dave Beckett said:
>
> See the definitive work on XSLT and RDF/XML:
>
>   Snail - Excruciatingly Slow RDF Parsing, Jeremy Carroll
>   www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/snail/
>
>>>Ian Davis said:
>
> Or see James Carlyle's XSLT RDF parser which conforms to the current
> drafts (aside from the usual N-Triples encoding problem):
> http://www.semanticplanet.com/library/RdfToTriplesStylesheet

Great links!  Very informative.  Thank you!

>>>Dave Beckett said:
> You mean XML attributes.
>
> Calling them XML properties is wrong and will also be confused with
> RDF properties, which is what you use in the rest of the sentence:

Yes.  I meant XML attributes.  Please excuse my flub.

>>>Dave Beckett said:
>
> I recommend you take a look at the RDF Concepts and Abstract Syntax
> working draft that shows you the RDF model - triples.  Then you can
> see how the parts of RDF/XML that relate only to writing it in XML
> don't have anything to do with the graph.

I have; most of my questions are to check my understanding (there are no
bad questions), and some of them are of practical value to.

--
James F. Cerra