RE: URI for language identifiers

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:18:18 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I'm not going to read all the mails in my inbox after being away for a
while. I did try to check I'm not duplicating anything in referring people
to <http://www.ninebynine.org/IETF/URNs/draft-klyne-urn-ietf-lang.html> as
one proposed language identifying URI scheme using URNs, but apologies if
someone already mentioned it.

A while back I started building a service that would return some RDF/XML
documents with information about known languages when dereferenced in the
format http://someURI/lang.asp?code=en-IE. It's half-built and rotting away
here. If anyone would be interested in hosting this somewhere with a
reasonable guarantee of coolness I might motivate myself into looking at it
again.