Re: parsers that don't need rdf:RDF?

At 9/27/02 10:50 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
>That said, a lot of people are interested in exploring the use of XML
>Schema annotations to map from more colloquial XML into RDF graphs.  IMHO
>there's a major role for this approach too, so long as we have at least
>one syntax for RDF that takes the self-standing view...

These both make a lot of sense to me. RDF could add more value to more documents if it we don't have to assume that a given document with RDF in it was designed solely RDF applications.

I thought I'd seen somewhere -- and now not only can't I cite it, but I've also seen production [1] at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#basic -- that the rdf:RDF element is optional, and I had the impression that only ARP supported this, but now I realized that this is an extra feature of ARP not required by any RDF Recommendation.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists)