Re: newbe question

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 05:31:47 -0400 (EDT)
To: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
cc: "Rdf (E-mail)" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Oh. The Xpointer solution only works for XML - e.g. well formed XHTML or
other XML documents.

Some work has been done by Nick Kew and Jim Ley on what they call a fuzzy
pointer - a way of describing parts of a document in HTML and other non-XML,
to use in EARL (an RDF vocabulary for describing how a document or part of a
document conforms to an arbitrary requirement).

(will look for URI later today :(

chaals

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>Well, you make statements about URIs. So you should be able to make a
>statement about a URI that includes an Xpointer, which in turn lets you add
>the stuff about selecting the 4th paragraph after the fifth elephant...
>
>chaals
>
>On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Lisa Seeman wrote:
>
>>New to the list, is this an appropriate place to ask question about how to
>>get things done in RDF?
>>
>>for example
>>
>>I am writing an accessibility RDF schema so that one can add useful bits of
>>information that the Author left out of the original document.
>>so I need the the URI's included in the "about" attribute to support XSL
>>type of  pattern matching?
>> I really want to pinpoint a particular element or even an  attribute of an
>>element and say stuff about it - can I do that using the about or do I have
>>to write a new attribute to do that?
>>All the best,
>>
>>Lisa Seeman
>>
>>UnBounded Access
>>
>>Widen the World Web
>>
>>http://www.UBaccess.com

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22