Re: rdf:parseType="daml:collection"

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:15:06 +0100
To: RDF Interest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
CC: Ashley Yakeley <ashley@semantic.org>

>>>Jos De_Roo said:
> right, and clarification can be found at
> http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/
> http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-grammar-product
    ions
> and soon in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/
> and there is indeed a rdf:parseType="Collection"

Yeah, I should note that I added that to my working version of the
RDF/XML syntax draft last week, so it is fresh and shiny, and needs a
good review.  This is an importing of the daml:collection mechanism
into core RDF/XML.

The new bit:
   http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/#parseTypeContainerPropertyElt

desribes how the rdf:parseType="Collection" form expands into triples.

This is another abbreviation mechanism but what the triples mean is
for other documents to write about, especially WebOnt drafts like
at the end of these working drafts:

  OWL Web Ontology Language 1.0 Reference, 29 July 2002
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-owl-ref-20020729/#appb

 OWL Web Ontology Language 1.0 Abstract Syntax 29 July 2002
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-owl-absyn-20020729/#6

Dave