Re: The Tragedy of RSS

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 18:51:11 +0100
To: MDaconta@aol.com
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

>>>MDaconta@aol.com said:
> My understanding is that DC has no ties to RDF -- it is just a simple
> set of well-defined metadata properties that work equally well in HTML,
> XML, or RDF.  RSS 2.0 could (and should where the logical
> definitions coincide) use DC without RDF.

Sorry, your understanding isn't complete.  DC was a major input into
RDF's design, is a major customer and continues to influence it.  If
you take a look at pretty much any RDF application, it uses DC terms
and if you look at the DC website - http://www.dublincore.org/ -
there are RDF(/XML) profiles (one of which is edited by me).  Several
DC apps and systems are built using the RDF model and tools, of which
you can find many pretty easily from either above URL or the RDF
website itself http://www.w3.org/RDF/ which lists DC there.

Cheers

Dave