Re: Transforming XML content into RDF assertions

From: m batsis <mbatsis@netsmart.gr>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 17:54:46 +0300
To: Michael Denny <denn@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Michael Denny wrote:

> If one has a collection of XML documents sharing one or more XML Schemas and
> an RDF Schema describing the knowledgebase structure, how would they proceed
> to populate the knowledgebase?

  * Determine the parts of information to be converted to RDF, unless
you really want *all* of the XML to be converted to RDF.

  * Locate that information in the XML Schemas

  * Use that to write some transformer (XSLT) to produce the RDF
metadata according to your RDF Schema. That should be easy.

Of course this is just what comes in my mind right now. Perhaps others
may be able to provide information on tools, cases etc.

Manos