RDF/XML without namespaces?

From: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:31:40 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

This is just a musing.

I wonder if it's possible to write RDF/XML without the use of
namespaces if all the element names are aliased through an RDF schema
to those in a different namespace using owl:sameClassAs. So long as
basic striping rules are followed the resultant xml looks like, well,

Can this thought be taken a step further? Is it possible to define xml
attributes that are aliases for rdf:resource and rdf:about?

For example, here's some RSS 1.0 (chosen only as an example of an RDF
application that uses many different namespaces)

<channel rdf:about="http://internetalchemy.org/">
<title>Internet Alchemy</title>
<admin:generatorAgent rdf:resource="http://www.movabletype.org/?v=2.21" />

<rdf:li rdf:resource="http://internetalchemy.org/2002/11/weblogs.html" />

With an appropriate RDF Schema maybe it's possible to write the
following instead:

  <Channel url="http://internetalchemy.org/">
    <title>Internet Alchemy</title>
    <generator id="http://www.movabletype.org/?v=2.21" />
        <item id="http://internetalchemy.org/2002/11/weblogs.html" />

Syntactic sugar for the author only.

-- Ian <iand@internetalchemy.org>
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"