CycL vs. KR

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:05:54 -0800
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
I've been browsing the documentation that came in the OpenCyc download, and recording the correspondence between CycL and KR.  I thought I'd share my first look with you, to give you a better feel for KR.

CycL                                      KR
====                                      ==
#$Microtheory                         view
#$BaseKB                              tabula rasa

(#$ist context sentence)          at context { sentence }

(#$isa individual genus)            individual isu genus
(#$genls species genus)          species iss genus

I really want to get my hands on a copy of #$BaseKB, but the Cyc web site appears to down today, and I still haven't been able to access the OpenCyc web site.  Do you happen to know where else I might find a copy of #$BaseKB?
Dick McCullough
knowledge := man do identify od existent done
knowledge haspart list of proposition