Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:06:47 -0800
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>, David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>, rdfig <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Richard H. McCullough wrote:

> I would consider the set of statements in a document (or graph) to be
> a property/value of the document (or possibly a "part", but I think
> that's an unnecessarily complicated viewpoint).  Now you can talk
> about that property/value, define a truth-value property for it, etc.

I don't think it is a property in the sense of rdfs:Property.     But a
statement is certainly a part of a document, and a triple is certainly a
part of a graph.  I don't see any reason we couldn't assign truth values
to statements that talk about these things... formally:

language: Semenglish
{<foo.rdf> docContains "A r B."} entails {<foo.rdf#ThisGraph>
graphContains {A r B}}.
ThisEmail author (Seth Russell).
(Semenglish Primer) seeUrl
<http://robustai.net/mentography/semenglish.html>.