Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:16:20 -0800
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>, "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>, "David Menendez" <zednenem@psualum.com>, "rdfig" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statementTo talk about something, you need a name which denotes that something.  On the internet, a URL can serve as a name (or an alias if you need an alias for some reason).  The something that a URL denotes is (usually) a physical document on a server on the internet.  That physical document may then refer to other named entities via
cross-references, or references embedded in statements which are in the document.

Whew, the longer I talk, the more confusing it sounds.

I recommend drawing a picture showing each entity, and labeling each with its name & important properties.  In this context, what's important are the relations between the entities.
Dick McCullough
knowledge := man do identify od existent done
knowledge haspart list of proposition