re: RDF vocabulary definitions

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:29:10 -0800
To: "David Menendez" <zednenem@psualum.com>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
You said:
    If you're seeing something in what I wrote that implies that rdf:Property is a subclass of rdfs:Class, please point it out to me.

The thing that I saw was your definition of rdfs:Class as being the set of y such that
    x  rdf:type  y
from that and
    z  rdf:type  rdfs:Property
it follows that
    rdfs:Property  subClassOf  rdfs:Class

If RDF-MT doesn't agree, then RDF-MT is wrong (or your definition of rdfs:Class is wrong).

That stirs up some vague recollections of Pat Hayes' statements that RDF-MT doesn't agree with reality.
I need to go back & read his statements again.
Dick McCullough
knowledge := man do identify od existent done
knowledge haspart list of proposition